Everyone is different, so we can’t suggest how much weight to lift the first time you use Vitogo. However, we do tell you how many repetitions you are supposed to do, which will help you determine the appropriate amount of weight to lift. Here’s how:
1) Each exercise in your daily program will tell you how many sets and repetitions to do (For example, 3 sets x 8 reps). The number of recommended repetitions is tailored to your goal.
2) Pick a weight that you think you can safely lift for the recommended number of repetitions (In this case, 8 times).
3) Using the built-in countdown timer, rest for the recommended period between sets.
4) If you are able to easily complete all (or more) of the recommended sets and reps, then you know that you need to increase your weight for next time. If you weren’t able to complete the recommended number of sets and reps, then you should decrease your weight for next time.
5) You should feel tired by the end of your last set. Be safe, but don’t make it too easy! To see a real benefit from strength training, you need to lift weight that is heavy enough to challenge you. For some exercises, like the bench press, it can be helpful to ask a friend or trainer at the gym to “spot” you. It’s the spotters’ job to help you if you are struggling to lift the weight and to keep you safe during a challenging lift.
6) Vitogo stores the number of repetitions and amount of weight that you do for each exercise, so, the next time you complete that exercise you will remember how much weight to lift.